How to Create a Collaborative Playlist on Spotify
The proprietary Swedish audio streaming and media services provider; Spotify, lets users listen to your music by streaming it, with features like Group Sessions. You and your buddies can also create a playlist together on Spotify with its Collaborative Playlists feature. Fortunately, collaborative playlists are available in all versions of the Spotify app. With the help of Spotify’s Collaborative playlist feature, many users can add songs to one playlist; it will be shown who added that song to the playlist and when it was done using the desktop Spotify app.
In this post, we are going to discuss how to make a Collaborative playlist on Spotify, share it with your friends, and add music to it. So let us jump into the details.
Table of contents
- How One Can Make a Collaborative Spotify Playlist
- How One Can Add Someone’s Collaborative Playlist to Your Library
- How One Can Add Songs to a Collaborative Spotify Playlist
How One Can Make a Collaborative Spotify Playlist
Creating a Collaborative playlist can be done in both the mobile and desktop apps with no need for a Premium subscription.
1. Open Spotify,
2. Start a new playlist, or open an existing one to make it ‘Collaborative’,
3. Under the playlist’s name, select the tripled-dot icon,
4. Pick ‘Make Collaborative’ or ‘Collaborative playlist’.
5. Select the tripled-dot icon once more,
6. Select Share,
7. Copy Link (it’s your easiest option to share)
8. Share the direct link wherever you want.
Note: Only playlist owners can make it Collaborative.
How One Can Add Someone’s Collaborative Playlist to Your Library
Your friends should add the playlist to their Library unless they use that same link every time. So that it can be easy for them to find it.
To Add Someone’s Collaborative Playlist to Your Library,
Step1. Save it to your Library,
Step2. Open the link to that Collaborative Playlist,
Step3. Load it in the Spotify app,
Step4. Under the playlist’s name, Select the heart.
How One Can Add Songs to a Collaborative Spotify Playlist
1. In the desktop app,
2. Drop and drag a song into the playlist
3. Select the tripled-dot icon and then click on ‘Add to playlist’
4. Make use of the Recommended Songs feed underside the playlist
5. To delete songs, use the same way.
Note: Only the original owner of a playlist can change the image and name of the playlist.